“Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”Verse 6
Apostles don’t have any money to help people, but they can help people more than any other people. They can heal illness, unable people to be able, and broken psychics. All those are impossible even in the modern era. How? They said they could do the miracle works in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Yes, the key was in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus said all these miracles can happen in any era even this modern era. I think the most important thing is not only the healing body but also the saving soul. Without forgiveness of sins, we cannot enter heaven’s new Jerusalem. Our goal is to enter heaven clean for eternal happiness.
How we can receive eternal life in heaven?
1. To know God. Creator of the world. Master of the world. Managing the world at this moment. He is holy, righteous, without sin, love, and benevolent.
2. To know God’s scheme. God will separate the good from the bad at the end of the world. And He will guide the good into the heaven new Jerusalem. But He will put the bad in the unquenchable fire of hell. This is the second death.
3. All of the people are to die based upon God’s scheme. Because there is no righteous person who can meet God’s standard of righteousness. All the people have sinned. Sin is against God’s will. We can know all we have sinned by instinct as we can know God is the author of this world by instinct.
4. God pities our situation because God is love. So He has made one way to save us. And the method of our salvation is Jesus. God has sent his one and only begotten son Jesus as a sacrifice for all of the sinners in the world. Jesus died for all of us. Jesus is pure and His death can meet God’s standard. This is the way God has planned for the salvation of the people. And there is one more term for the people to be saved.
5. Only the people who have repented of their sins and turned back from their wicked ways can be saved by the belief in the name of Jesus. That is the law God has made to save people from their sins. Only the people who have cleared their sins with Jesus’ blood can be saved. This is the faith we can be saved in the name of Jesus Christ.
To let people know Jesus as their savior, He showed impossible miracles to the people who call in the name of Jesus. The apostles were actually doing these miracles in the name of Jesus Christ to let people know He is our powerful savior who God has sent.
they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.Verse 10
People were filled with amazement and wonder at what they had seen. They could think about how this can happen. And so many people were joined in the group of believers by these miracles. So, their joining originated from the faith of the apostles.
These days, the same way can be applied. When we trust Jesus as the apostles did we can do the miracles in the eye of the people. Then the people who did not know Jesus well can start to think Jesus is the Savior God has sent for us from our sins.
So, the mission can start from our faith in the name of Jesus Christ not from the people who don’t know Jesus. If we do not have real faith in the name of Jesus no miracles can happen in the eyes of the people. And no people can have an interest in Jesus. So we all missionaries have the real faith, strong faith to make miracles impossible in the name of Jesus Christ. This is the key to a successful mission.
You killed the author of life,Verse 15
By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong.Verse 16
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,Verse 19,20
and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you–even Jesus.
‘Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.’ When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.”Verse 25,26